This is the ultimate indulgent treat that anyone with a sweet tooth will love. I had some mini marshmallows left over from a hot chocolate gift set I got for Christmas and this mug cake was the perfect recipe for me to use them up. You can put all sorts of treats in this recipe, raisins, nuts, chocolates just don't over do it as you still want to taste the chocolate cake which binds it all together. Its a good way of using up your left over ingredients like chocolate chips and dried fruit plus you have the added benefit of it being cooked and ready to eat in a few minutes! That's why I love mug cakes!
Ingredients2 tablespoons of butter (room temperature or if straight from the fridge, softened slightly in the microwave)
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1 medium egg
3 tablespoons caster sugar
4 heaped tablespoons of mini marshmallows
2 tablespoons of broken biscuits (chocolate digestives/chocolate chip cookies or whatever you've got in your biscuit tin!)
2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
Method- Put the butter in a large mug and heat in the microwave until melted (about 20-30 seconds).
- Add the cocoa powder until combined well with the butter.
- Next add the egg and sugar, then using a fork beat the mixture well.
- Add the flour to the mixture and beat again until the mixture is smooth.
- Finally fold in most of the marshmallows, biscuits and raisins then sprinkle the remaining ingredients on the top.
- Cook in the microwave for 2minutes 20 seconds (600w oven).
The marshmallows are the best bit as they will be all gooey so make sure you put plenty in!
Leave to cool slightly but it's best eaten slightly warm.