Every Halloween party table needs some spooky treats and the everyone will love these Mummy Sausage Rolls. Older children can help with this recipe too as it's really simple to do and they don't take long to prepare.
Ingredients8 Sausages (vegetarian, pork or beef; any sort will do!)
160g Short-crust pre rolled pastry sheet
Cottage Delight Roast Red Pepper Ketchup
Cottage Delight Spicy English Mustard Sauce
Method- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan assisted oven)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the sheet of short-crust pastry (I used ready rolled pastry so left it on the wrapping rather than putting it on a floured surface)
- Using a pastry cutter or sharp knife, slice the dough into 1cm wide strips
- Repeat steps above until you've made all eight mummies (I had enough pastry for nine sausages)
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and place on a serving plate, using a teaspoon, dot two blobs of Cottage Delight Spicy English Mustard Sauce onto the sausage in the gap you left in the pastry to make the mummies 'eyes'