Home Baking with Aldi: Raspberry Cheesecake



I’ve been so busy lately that blogging and baking, usually two of the things that keep me busy have had to take a back seat. On Mother's Day, however, I was forced into action for a family meal and I made up for the recent shortage of baked goods by making a gorgeous raspberry cheesecake and my favourite cherry and almond cake. I was also inspired to get back in the kitchen by some lovely Aldi items I received last week all from the new Aldi Home Baking range. There are some lovely baking accessories and equipment in the collection. There are lots of new products in the range including a children’s baking set, aprons, spoons, storage jars, digital scales, measuring jugs, food mixers and my favourite, a ceramic measuring cups and spoons set which looks great on display in my kitchen. The best thing about the range is the really affordable prices, you can find all the essentials and get everything you need to get your bake on!

The raspberry cheesecake I made was a recipe from Carnation and it was big hit! If you fancy having a go, I recommend making it the day before as it really made a difference to the flavour and texture leaving it in the fridge overnight.

Ingredients

175g digestive biscuits, crushed
65g butter, melted
500g light soft cheese
397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
3 eggs
150ml pot sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
300g raspberries
1 tbsp icing sugar

Method

- Preheat the oven to 180°C, (160°C for fan ovens), Gas Mark 4. Double wrap the outside of an 8" cake tin in clingfilm.











- Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter. Press into the base of the tin and chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese until soft in a food processor (or with an electric hand mixer). Gradually add the condensed milk and then add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Beat until very smooth. Gently pour the mixture over the set biscuit base. Scatter in half the raspberries (150g).










- Sit the cheesecake in a roasting tin. Pour very hot water into the roasting tin to come halfway up the sides of the cake tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour.










- Turn off the oven, without opening the door, and leave for 1 hour to set. Cool and then chill for 4 hours or preferably overnight. Remove from the tin and place on a serving plate.

To serve

- Keep a handful of the remaining raspberries to decorate and tip the rest into a small pan with 1 tbsp icing sugar and 1 tbsp water. Mash the raspberries with a fork, bring to the boil then pass through a sieve to remove the seeds. Serve the cheesecake with the sauce and remaining raspberries.













After using my lovely new Aldi silicon and bamboo spoons and spatular, measuring cups and wearing my new apron I feel like I’ve got my baking mojo back, just in time for cooking up some Easter treats!





















Oh and speaking of Easter, Aldi also have some fantastic chocolate moulds so you can have fun making your own chocolate eggs and rabbits, a perfect chance make your own Easter gifts. I’ll be having a go at making some with the kids soon, I’ll be sure to post all about it here and let you know how we get on!

Happy baking x

Comments

Popular Posts