My Top 5 Garden Accessories


Following on from my recent Spring Time post I've been looking for some accessories I can add to the garden. I want to add a few bits that the kids will like and also to add a personal touch for our first Summer here. As lovely as our garden is, it does need a bit of tidying up and we've also inherited a lot of pots from the previous owners, some of which are cracked and weather beaten, so we could do with replanting everything into new pots.
We'd also like to get some new garden furniture, a swing seat (I've always wanted one of those!) and some garden toys but one thing at a time!
I've had a look for some accessories to start off with which will add a touch of colour and style without costing us a fortune, here are my favourite five.

1. Tweet Tweet Home Bird House

I love this Tweet Tweet Home bird house made from recyclable plastic, we already have a couple of traditional style bird houses but I think the kids will love this one, lets hope the birds like it too!

















2. Bottle Candle Lantern

An easy way to add a bit of style and colour to your garden is with lanterns or candles. This bottle candle lantern is available in different colours and is only £2.99 which is a bargain! I might get a few to add to our garden table, they're perfect for when you're eating outside on those warm summer evenings.


















3. Outdoor Cushions

Outdoor cushions are ideal for lounging around in the garden and are ideal to use when you're having a picnic or sitting on the grass. I like these from Fabrics & Papers, they are available in large (£150) or small (£65) and in lots of colours and styles too (see main image at the top).


















4.  Set of three 'Polly' Plant Pots

We're going to need a lot of new pots and I really love this set of 3 pots from the new 'Polly' collection from Briggs and Jones. As well as these pots, they also have a lovely watering can and some oval planters in the collection, I'm tempted to get the whole lot!











5. Dragonfly Chairs

I love the colour of these Dragonfly Chairs from Stormfauna, they'll look gorgeous on our patio (that's our next project and a whole other blog post!) with some bright cushions for that finishing touch. I'll be needing a sit down on one these (with a glass of wine) after I've finished replanting all those pots!



Comments

Popular Posts