Halloween Cupcake Fun


















Halloween is a really fun time of year for kids and I always try and get them involved in some kind of activity. Last year I did a few crafts and made some spooky cupcakes with them which I featured on my blog: Crafty Halloween Characters and Monster Cupcakes.

This year I have been sent some Halloween goodies to try from Cake Angels: a Creepy Cupcake Kit, Fun Royal Icing 2D Decorations and Halloween Sprinkles. My kids were really excited to try them out, anything that involves being messy and creative is always a winner and the fact they could eat their creations afterwards means this was definitely a popular activity.














The cupcake kit was really easy to use, it included the cake mix, icing sugar and decorations. I just had to add 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of butter and some water. The kids took turns mixing the cake batter and then spooned the mixture into 5 cupcake cases each.

Once the cakes had cooled, I then let them have free rein on decorating (and making a mess!). My kids loved it and had great fun using the decorations and sprinkles. We have some decorations left so I can make them some more cupcakes to decorate this weekend, I'm going to make some green and orange icing to make them extra spooky!














For other Halloween ideas have a look at these spooky recipes Mummy Sausage RollsSpooky Shortbread Fingers and Oozing Brain Cupcakes.

All the the products I used are available from the following retailers - 
Cake Angels Creepy Cupcake Kit (RRP 1.49p) available in Morrisons.
Cake Angels Halloween Fun Royal Icing 2D Decorations (RRP £1.49) available in Hobbycraft,
Co-op, Morrisons, Tesco and Waitrose. 
Cake Angels Halloween Sprinkles (RRP £1.99) are available from Hobbycraft, Co-op and Morrisons.




















The products were sent to me free of charge, however all opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts